Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Real Love//Wishful Thinking

The past week has been full of long nights of staying out late in Barcelona (in the clubs and on the beach). It has consisted of Twix and kabobs at 4:00 am (on friday) and hamburgers and cereal at 5:00 am (on monday). Good food that late at night/early in the morning is the best.
I only have a few nights left in Barcelona, tonight, tomorrow, friday, and saturday. "Fly Me to the Moon Festival" is tonight and tomorrow (the Animal Collective and Beach House concert), so I only have friday and saturday to go out with friends for the last time here. I'm tired of staying out late so often, but everyone here does it, and most people do it much more than I do. However, I love meeting new and interesting people and just having fun being close to friends. When I remember that, I feel like it is almost better to go out and do my body harm by not sleeping again (versus sleeping and missing the 'fun').    

I love the 'natural' kind of simple fun more than this crazy 'fun' that does not always end happily. It brings me more happiness than anything else, the Fleet Foxies know what I mean:


**I like playing with sparklers in the park too...it may sound childish, but its unaltered 'real' fun.

Its quite true:



'If we ever meet again--will we ever?'
*will we ever meet again?

So much life is wasted in wishful thinking.
Wanting so much to meet again--how can that be possible?
Lives continue, and there is no room for the unexpected.
Little time left, it is nearly worthless to try.
What more can be done? You've waited for the last chance once again.
Wishful thinking will get you no where this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment