Wednesday, June 22, 2011

yum, yum, dim sum!

Pork buns are yummy in my belly! I want more of that amazing cloud-like textured bread stuff that they are made out of. So good, I think I could eat it all day. It is the perfect texture and yummy taste!
Oh yes, I went to dim sum today, it was wonderful and well priced! But I got full too quickly, and forced my self to eat pork and seafood. I haven't been eating them for a long time, mainly after learning horrible things about the meat and food industry. But I wanted to try everything, so I just felt a little guilty.

Then I dragged two friends into a record store, CD Cellar, that I didn't know existed. I was so happy to find a large variety of new and used LPs and CDs. It was cute how they promoted local bands by putting their music in its own catagory, and posting their bios on the walls. They also had a ton of indie music, which always makes my day! But I don't think my friends had as much fun as I did...they drank coffee and waited untill I finished going through the entire store. I'll have to take my father there! We only really bond with music, and both he and I can spend hours in record shops. I even saw plenty of '$1 rock LPs' that he might like to have.

I ended up picking about 6 CDs and 2 LPs to buy. But I don't have that kind of money, so I had to narrow it down unfortunetly. I got down to five: Strawberry Jam, Merriweather Post Pavillion, The Suburbs, The Flying Club Cup, and Thom York. I had to get one of the Animal Collective CDs, but I couldn't decide which one; then a random guy listening on our conversation yelled at me from across the room to get MPP, so I did. I also decided not to get the Thom York album. But I might get it next time! I got a frequent buyer card, so I'll definetly be back. Oh, and I realized I shouldn't have bought The Suburbs, because now you can buy it with the short film, and this one didn't come with it.

The last thing I did today was make smores in a bond fire. We tried to make weird cand/banana/chocolate/mint smores, but some where better than others. My stomach is now upset (from all the fried food at dim sum, and sugar in the smores). My friends decided it was necesary to tell scary stories tonight (in the dark, near the fire). But I am a wimp, I can't take the suspense/mystery. Damn it you guys, I hate scary stories! I am going to have nightmares now...

1 comment:

  1. ahh! i had no idea about cd cellar. imma check them out sometime now..

    ReplyDelete