Sunday, June 12, 2011

El Teatro

Went to a play with my parents tonight. It was very well done/written/acted/directed. It was called Como si fuera esta noche, performed by the hispanic theater company Teatro de la Luna (in DC).
I felt bad for the actresses, who were sweating bullets. The air conditioning stopped working (it got really hot in the blackbox in which they performed) and they must have been dying under the lights. But they both acted so well, it was a very passionate performance.

The play was performed in Spanish (as it was written), but english subtitles were also projected to a screen above the set. Luckily, I don't have any trouble understanding Spanish (I just struggle with speaking), so I didn't have to read the subtitles...but most of the time I did anyways because it was hard not to notice, and also I wanted to see how it was translated, it didn't always match up.

No comments:

Post a Comment