Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Seemlingly Chill.

Have you heard of Cory Arcangel?
He seems pretty legit:


He's a musician-turned-artist who lives in Brookyln.
Maybe I will get the chance to meet him when I am studying Music Technology at NYU. He majored in Technology of Music at Oberlin....so there is a good chance that we have a lot in common? Maybe we can be friends/co-workers or something in the future?!?? Maybe I should learn to hack a computer game first...

Someone recomended that I read about him in The New Yorker, so I did. I was a little confused when they talked about all the computer-hacking-language stuff, but it was very interesting. Some of the things he does as art seem a little sarcastic and strange, but he doesn't mean anything negative towards obsolete technology, he actually admires it. Seems pretty chill.

I am trying to find the most comprehensive site/article/interview about him, but everything is a little different. Check out his website and the Wikipedia article on him first. If you are interested, then check this one, which has some examples/photos of his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment