Thursday, July 14, 2011

out of tune pianos cause me stress.

hi.
bought a book of Yann Tiersen's piano work (1994-2003). love it. it costed 30 Euros (like 45 American Dollars) but I think it is worth it. now i just wish i had a piano to myself here in Spain that I could practice on.
strangely, the office in which I have work was originally used as a choir society practice area/office for the director of the choir. there are still a ton of photos and trophies that belong to them in the office. In the next room over, a larger carpeted room, there is a bunch of chairs and an old up-right piano, and i think a mini organ? I haven't lifted the lid to see what it is, but it has two huge pedals on the bottom. Maybe when no one is around I will go and check them out and play a little (I feel very much out of practice). I miss playing music a lot...every time I see people playing for change on the street I feel the urge to ask them if I can join in, or play their instrument. But that probably isn't the best idea, sometimes I will come across a musician in the metro or alleyway who is actually very talented and looks pretty normal (more like, mentally stable), so I might toss them up to one Euro, which is quite a bit i think.

http://listn.to/MELPmusic/player#t=0&pos=0&p=0
^good musicz, check it out.^

If you are into Salsa and/or Latin Jazz, and will be in Barcelona this weekend, I very highly recommend the first-ever Salsa & Latin Jazz Festival in Barcelona! The amazing music heros, Ruben Blades and Chucho Valdes will be playing! and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of dancing and drinking as well, if thats what you are into. The page on Facebook is here, and the website is here.
Details: Saturday, July 16th, 6:00 pm at Poble Espanyol (Pueblo EspaƱol). Other groups playing are La Sucursal S.A. ad The AfroCuban Messengers. This festival has been organized by La Trifulca, along with Dostrece, Moritz, and many more. Tickets are about 30 €. I am going, so I hope to see you there...I will probably be working at the merch table....haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment