Sunday, May 15, 2011

letting go.

Today, I spent the day watching netflix movies I've never gotten the chance to see before.
Everything is Illuminated was more enlightening than I expected, I loved it. I hadn't realized that the singer from Gogol Bordello was in it, he is also a good actor.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was not as good as I hoped. For whatever reason I don't like Jim Carrey, and I get annoyed by Kate Winslet (even though she is a great actress).
The Science of Sleep was also interesting; it was a cute movie, with a sad ending.
But Into the Wild was inspiring, even if it didn't end the way I expected it to. Letting go of money/society the way he did, and taking so many risks, everyone should feel that way at least once in their life (but maybe on a smaller scale). I don't want to give away the end, but his final understanding of happiness is beautiful. 

*Any suggestions on what I should watch next?
These are some of the films on my netflix instant queue: Broken Embraces, Being John Malkovich, La Femme Nikita, One Week, Heartless, Talk to Her, Dorian Gray, Revolutionary Road (not on netflix, just bought it used for $7). Anything else sound good to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment