Saturday, May 7, 2011

I feel infinite.

I just started reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chobsky. I don't know why I waited untill now to read it. Friends have always told me I would like it, I love it. I don't read that much, but I had to take this book everywhere with me today, and I can't wait to finish it. I am reading it for a book report project in AP Psychology, the project is to relate the novel to psychology or something like that...

What I like about it so far is that I can relate to the characters, I think Charlie (the narrator) is experiencing/thinking/questioning a lot of the same things I have. I also have friends that remind me of the other characters, and makes it seem realistic. A lot of them are depressed or having trouble. I have been there, I know what it feels like, I've have seen many others deal with it aswell. I really 'get' this book, and I definetly recommend it. Probably, if you liked "The Catcher in the Rye" then you'll love this book because Charlie reads it in the story.

There was one part in the book that really spoke to me. It was about feeling 'infinite'--when everything just feels right. I know what it feels like, I think I've tried to discribe it as 'feeling free', but 'infinite' works better. I crave to feel that way right now, hanging around close friends, listening to music with comfortable silence, and just sharing the moment/feeling the love.

This is the main character's favorite song, it means a lot to him. I 'get' that.



**Other books I have recently started or finished:
On the Road-Jack Keroac (started months ago, but I cant find it now...)
Shoplifting From American Apparel-Tao Lin (finished last week)
The Kite Runner (reading it for English class)
The Omnivore's Dilemma (finished last month)

**Books I hope to read over the summer (but most likely won't get to):
The Tibetan Book of the Dead
EEEEE EEE EEEE-Tao Lin
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-Tao Lin
Life of Pi
Ishamel
The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test
House of Leaves
Extremely Loud and Increadibly Close?

Any suggestions on what else I should read?

No comments:

Post a Comment