Friday, November 18, 2011

banananaaaaas!

I bought a deluxe edition of the Miles Davis album, Bitches Brew, a while back. I highly recommend it! Many people believe is it his worst album because it so crazy/different ('free jazz'/'experimental jazz') and not the regular 'jazz' they are used to hearing him play--but I have a thing for experimental music.

Do you like 'experimental music'? If so, check out Steve Reich on NPR, and Radiohead, playing a Steve Reich piece in this video.


I should be working on a research paper right now...about the 4-track tape machine as an instrument in early electronic music...but I am too good at procrastinating and what not.


By the way, college is driving me bananasss!

I recently fractured my foot--by tripping on the sidewalk one night in Greenwich Village. I thought it was just a sprain, so I walked on it for a couple days. It still hurt, so I decided to get it checked out...I ended up having to use crutches for a while (which was a pain in the ass, to say the least). Now I just have to wear an ugly boot and try not to walk much -- so unchill.

Anyway, those kids from that Disney channel tv-show, 'the suite life of zach and cody' both live in my residence. one of them is the president of the building's government. What are their names? oh yeah, dylan and cole sprouse. I've seen a couple other famous people around the streets in nyc too. I saw that girl from Mean Girls (who was also in Mama Mia and Chloe) earlier this week--at least i think it was her, she was so tiny. My roommate has run into Julian Casablancas and Alec Baldwin. So crazy, I wish I had been there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment