Saturday, January 14, 2012

most of my friends are musicians

Below are 2 lists, of musicians/bands that are either from my hometown, or go to NYU with me. As of now, the lists only include those whom I know personally (or vaguely--through friends), many of which I have seen play before. I hope you check them out! The links will take you to either their Bandcamp, Myspace page, or Facebook page, where you should be able to stream their music and download some of it too. Hope you have fun ridin' the chillwavves.

some NYU bands/musicians:
Jackpot, Tiger (alt rock)
stryk9 (80's alt-pop)
Big Ups (pop punk)
Clownface (experimental?)
PopStar (chiptune)
MKNZ (electro-house)
Flagland (punk/rock)
Kevin Garrett (singer/songwriter?)
Cheap Blue Yonder (folk-ish)
Kedromelon (chiptune)
*Wait...there are a lot more than this. I can't remember any more right now, but I will add some as soon as I do!

some bands/musicians from my hometown:
Alec Recinos (shoegaze)
Tom Lohrmann (pop rock)
Mercury in Summer (pop rock)
Adam Swink (singer/songwriter)
Jordan Balaber (indie)
Sean Wolford (guitar-rock)
Calm These Waves  (metal?)
The Celestials (experimental???)

*Sorry, I am not good at coming up with simple musical descriptions/genres. Let me know if I got it wrong.
**If you go to NYU/are from my hometown and make music, send me a link to some of your stuff! I'll put it on the list! (Contact me by commenting on this post, through email, or other expectable form of communication).



No comments:

Post a Comment